Mission: UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future
Our unique model of education, driven by our mission and nine values, supports young people to flourish – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Our nine values
- International and intercultural understanding: We are committed to building communities that are free from prejudice and intolerance, irrespective of people’s gender, and socioeconomic, cultural, racial, religious or national backgrounds.
- Celebration of difference: We consciously create supportive environments where differences are valued and recognised for the strength they bring to communities.
- Personal responsibility and integrity: Personal responsibility, accountability and integrity are at the heart of the UWC experience. We expect the people we work with to behave in a similar way.
- Mutual responsibility and respect: We believe in collaboration and mutual support, and recognise that respect underpins the smooth functioning of any encounter or team. People who work with our members find them dependable and respectful.
- Compassion and service: Our actions and language communicate compassion and commitment to communities. We work at all levels – personally, locally, regionally, nationally – to make the world a better place.
- Respect for the environment: We recognise our interdependence with the environment and actively seek solutions that will contribute to a sustainable future. Our choices and actions demonstrate this commitment.
- A sense of idealism: We inspire our members to believe that it is possible to make a difference and work with others who share that belief.
- Personal challenge: We are committed to learning through doing. By taking the initiative and taking on challenges, we learn about ourselves and those around us, developing a sense of responsibility for others.
- Action and personal example: We believe in the importance of acting on your beliefs and making your voice heard so your actions stand out.